Currently more than 50 community organisations across Melbourne are members of RERC. As the umbrella organisation of the Russian community, we extend our support to members in the following ways:
- Assisting with funding from government and non-government, philanthropic organisations.
- Au spicing members otherwise not entitled to funding.
- Liaising with funding bodies to gain insight into current funding opportunities. Aligning work of the Russian community accordingly.
- Maintaining communication and sharing expertise to optimise ability to secure funding.
- Educating the Russian community about funding opportunities including running seminars.
- Extending insurance for public liability requirements for community events.
- Help with volunteering, especially with newly arrived migrants.
- Advising Russian community groups where language barriers may exist.
- Maintaining relations with other ethnic communities.
- Fostering collaboration between community groups.
If you run a Russian community organisation and would like to find out about participating in the assistance that RERC extends to members, please contact us.
How we help with grants
Grants are available from various funding bodies – from the Federal and State Governments, from Local Councils, and from private philanthropic organisations. RERC has long-standing expertise in understanding what funding is available for, how to apply, how to spend and how to acquit for the moneys received.
Grants are a good contribution for community organisations to cover their essential needs. This can be with respect to their organisational running costs, running festivals and events, community projects, sports days, help with youth groups or seniors groups, or other needs.
Funding opportunities are diverse and there is almost certainly something any community organisation could benefit from.
Enquiries about grant support
RERC auspices community organisations in the Russian community members who are not incorporated. This support is available to members approved by committee.
If you have any queries please contact Daniel Kisliakov on 0425 809 702 or firstname.lastname@example.org.